Saturday, July 9, 2011

Kapstachelbeere aka Physalis aka Blasenkirschen...

...aka Judenkirschen aka groundcherries aka gooseberries!!

One of my favoritest fruit is the gooseberry, a delightful little thing that is allegedly native to the Americas, but I have yet to discover fresh gooseberries anywhere in my local markets and grocery stores. So I usually block the memory of their existence in the States. When I got here, I immediately went looking for them in the supermarket but couldn't find them until today. The sneaky little buggers had been hiding behind a vegetable scale. WELL. I bought them. And ate the whole package in the amount of time it took me to write this post. I love these things.


1 comment:

  1. I can vouch for the fact that they are native to Americas. I have seen these just grow around here.

    ReplyDelete