Sunday, December 12, 2010

A little dated?

I was reading a book and I had noticed before that the cover was dated and the author looked out of our time, too, but I just wrote it off. Then there were some examples that were a little odd but I shrugged it off again. Then I got to the part that was talking about individuals.

"In understanding this, it is important to understand that everyone is egotistical. This is founded on a concept of individuality and the uniqueness of the individual. This must be accepted as a reality. This is why Communists are so bad with dealing with people. They ignore the concept of individuality and focus instead on the faceless mass of the "community.""

What?!?!

I finally gave in and took a look at the publishing date: 1956.

Figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment