I made these today and then ate four cupcakes. Don't make them before you invite at least 10 people over! I also did not put in the baking powder because we didn't have any...and I was too lazy to buy any...oh me.
For the Filling
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 egg white
1/2 tsp vanilla
For the Batter
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pumpkin puree (or 15 oz can)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1. Set oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tins with muffin cups
2. Beat cream cheese with powdered sugar for a few minutes. Beat in egg white and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt
4. In another bowl beat pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Whisk flour mixture in a little bit at a time
5. Layer the cupcake forms with one layer pumpkin mix, one layer cream cheese, one layer pumpkin mix
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is springy. Let it cool 10-15 minutes before eating!
I also baked half of the mixture in a pan. It's useful if you want to serve slices to people with ice cream...
Recipe courtesy of spreadnjoy at recipezaar.com