Saturday, September 26, 2009

Roasted Vegetables



Once in a while I like to post recipes that I think are winners. Here is one that I got from Rachel Ray and I love it! Mine is not an exact recipe because I didn't write down what she was doing and added onion, cause who doesn't love roasted onions? (seriously, just try it. Roasted onions are awesome)


Ingredients:
Tomatoes (quartered if normal tomatoes, left whole if cherry tomatoes)
Green beans (I use frozen because they're available year-round)
Red onion (quartered or eighth-ed - is that even a word?)
herbs de provence
salt
pepper
olive oil

Directions:
Toss vegetables carefully with olive oil and layer in a baking dish
Sprinkle salt, pepper and herbs de provence to taste
Bake at 450F for 45 minutes or until cherry tomatoes burst
Eat!

*Culinary note: some herb mixes also add salt! Read the ingredients list or taste test before adding more salt to the dish

No comments:

Post a Comment