Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Potato Salad

This is being posted by special request. As a result, I don't have any pictures, sorry!

2 lbs red potatoes
1 cup mayo
1/4 cup Dijon
1/2-3/4 cup chopped red onion
2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
lime juice

1. Boil potatoes until cooked (time depends on size of potatoes, 15-25 minutes). Be careful not to overcook!! Chop cooked potatoes
2. Mix dijon and mayo together - I do this to taste. I actually use less mustard than they require
3. Mix all the other ingredients except lime juice together.
4. Add mayo/mustard combination a little bit at a time and mix. Taste after mixing. I never use the whole amount of the sauce that i made
5. Add lime juice to taste
6. Optional: Add small chopped pieces of apple or pickles (or both).

TASTE TASTE TASTE. This is one of the most imprecise recipes I have and it's always a little different. Sometimes I add piles of extra dill, other times I add extra salt and the juice from the pickle jar or vinegar. It's all about what you feel like at the time.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. couple things --

    first off - thank you!! can't wait to recreate this masterpiece. however, as i recall it has pickles in it, right?

    will report back once i have attempted the recipe.

    ReplyDelete