Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Snow and Puppies

So it snowed on Saturday, the day of the St. Patrick's Day Parade here in New York City, and then to add insult to injury, it snowed enough to cover the ground last night. In case you've been living without a calendar recently, we are in the middle of March. MARCH. In fact, we are officially in the second half of March. And it snowed three inches last night.

What. Is. Going. On!?

(Answer: Climate Change. This is really going to hurt people.)

In a related but new topic, the weather also meant that my family friend D was unable to relocate her dog to California with her. Apparently airlines won't take dogs in the cargo when the weather drops below a certain temperature. Honestly, a good policy. Just sucky for D who had to leave today but is now separated from her dog.

Why am I telling you this? Because this means I am currently dog-sitting an adorable yet sneaky little puppy. That's right people. A puppy. She's cute, keeps up on my jogs, and likes to play. She's also a little punk. She was annoyed that I was ignoring her during my breakfast this morning, so she sweetly peed at my feet and then went and lay down on the puppy pee pad.

She knows what the pee pad is for. She's also housebroken.

This was pure revenge.

Unfortunately for her, I've had four foster dogs, and one in particular - here's looking at you Lucille - was a monster. Her idea of revenge was pooping in a corner of your room, or barfing all over the sofa. We made it through three months of that, and we had carpets. I live in a wood-floor apartment now.

So bring it on, Monkey, bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment