Thursday, March 8, 2012

I'm a gangsta'

So, as previously mentioned, I had my wisdom teeth pulled. Some people are blessed with no swelling and others are...well, not. Like me. Those others wake up the next day looking like a chipmunk that fell off the Jenny Craig bandwagon.

I had to go to the dentist today for a follow up examination, which meant taking public transportation for an hour while looking like those hamsters from those car commercials. To top off my amazing look, a blood vessel in my eye had ruptured a day before and I had dark circles under my eyes from not sleeping a whole lot. Before leaving the house, I put up my sweater hoodie. When I looked in the mirror, it appeared to hide my swollen face and as long as I looked down or straight ahead, my left eye looked almost totally normal. So I was fine, right? Wrong!

20 minutes into the trip I noticed people who choose not to sit next to me or give me quick, worried looks. I mean, I know I look bad, but I'm trying to keep it on the DL here people! But then I saw my reflection and realized what all the hub bub was about. By putting on my hoodie and avoiding eye contact, I had transformed myself into a hoodlum. I looked like I'd been in a fight because my left eye was bloody and the sweater hid the fact that my whole face was evenly swollen. Instead, I looked like one half was swollen (probably from a fight) and the dark circles looked like residual black eyes. Then I was avoiding eye contact and probably acting a little shady in my attempt to not freak people out. So for probably the first and only time in my life, people not only noticed me on the street, they were legitimately scared. Hah! I'm a gangsta'!


Then I took the hoodie off. No sense in adding needless extra stress to people's lives so early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment